Links

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Fireplace and Christmas Tree

It was a nice and relaxing evening yesterday after we managed to return home from the auction. If you missed the auction you missed a lot of great bargains, and the bargain hunters were there looking for bargains.

I did managed to keep up on the WVU game while we were at the auction, and it was once again a great day to be a Mountaineer.


After we returned home the tree was already set up from earlier in the day. Michelle and I went and got a nice blue spruce at southern states to put up as our Christmas tree.

We set it up yesterday morning as far as trimming it and putting it into place and securing it. It was ready and primed to have the lights put on and decorated. Hayley Michelle did a great job decorating the tree and for the first time in probably 20 years and the first time since I was a kid, I have a huge, live tree sitting in the living room in a home that is mine rather than someone elses.

Michelle set up a small artificial tree last year in my apartment and that was the first tree I had had in an apartment of mine in years, this year we got a nice tree, a blue spruce even and it is absolutely beautiful.

I have to say that I am one lucky and blessed individual. Maybe everyone can take for granted their tree, but this is my first big tree in over 20 years and my first real tree since before Grandma Hall started using artificial trees.

No comments: