Links

Monday, March 31, 2008

Last week with Infotech

This is my last official week working for Infotech , I've been working for them for three years now, basically the last two from home as a remote employee. There is a little sadness in leaving, but there is a little more excitement in being able to move on and get back into an office on a day to day basis.

It's been nice working from home, but as the work log deteriorated I had less and less to do. It almost got to the point where there was no challenge and no excitement anymore. I think the best time I had in the past couple years was when I was needed in Sterling and had to go down there. Don't get me wrong, working from home exclusively was nice, but with no workload or no challenge it was like heading down a dead end.

As for the job search, I have two interviews this week after having one phone interview last week. I have a phone interview tomorrow and a personal interview with the company that I had a phone interview with last week. Nothing is official yet, but once I get the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed I will let everyone know one way or another. I'll be more specific later this week.

I have put out numerous Resumes over the past seven days, so I have been busy to say the least. My top choice is the company I am interviewing with Wed, as it is a company I wanted to work for a few years ago. I'm also working on some setting up some supplemental work in my field.

It's going to be an interesting week.

No comments: