Links

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Phil is everywhere

Yesterday Diane and I planned and went on a day trip to Pittsburgh. I had a hunch that that pesky Phil just wanted to try to disrupt my plans and arrange to drop some snow on us for the trip. Gary and Renee canceled their plans because of the weather, but Diane needed a day of rest and relaxation and I wasn't going to stop until I accomplished my mission.

I think the little rat was spying on us, I managed to get a picture of him hiding in the train exhibit as you can plainly see. Come on Phil, it's March already and you don't to encourage Mother Nature to go the whole six weeks do you? Let it go and let the warmer weather begin, let the winter go Phil.

It was a great day. We went and seen "The Body" exhibit which was quite fascinating, everything that you saw during the exhibit was an actual human or human remains that were preserved. There was no photography allowed in the exhibit which kind of stunk. The one thing that stood out to me was they had three cases side by side by side. The first case was occupied by the lungs of a smoker. The lungs were darkish and black and not very pleasant to look at. The next case was the lungs of a non smoker. They looked normal, but were a big difference from the first case. The third case was a big glass case that was about half way full with a slot on the top to drop your cigarettes if you chose, like I said this big case was half way full. This exhibit will be there until May and then it is gone, it is well worth the plan and the trip to going and seeing.

After a fun filled day, I introduced Diane to the world of Primanti Brothers. Add one more person to the list of people who I have introduced to them that was impressed. I should work on commission for them, or at least they should put one in Morgantown.

My promise to Diane was to give her a relaxing day off after such a long work filled stretch and to return her home in one piece. Mission accomplished.

No comments: