Links

Saturday, March 24, 2007

A nice healthy walk

Well the weather has changed from rainy to a nice sunny afternoon today, so I decided to make the most of it and hit the Rails to Trails for the first time since Wed. Thursday it rained, Friday it rained but today the weather was actually quite pleasant and worth a nice oxygen rejuvenating walk on the trail. I traveled the opposite direction I usually go when I walk alone and traveled the path that I go on when I am walking with someone.

As you can tell, I had decided to take my camera with me today, and even though the foliage hasn't presented itself yet it was still a nice day to take a walk.

On this portion of the trail I usually park at Aldi's and walk towards Fairmont. It has a lot of photogenic scenes and I decided that maybe today I would bring my camera. It has been sitting idle for sometime and has needed to be used a little bit. It has had to have felt abandoned and in the need to take a few photos, so today I obliged and took about 50-60 pictures and little movies.

I have always had a fascination with natural running water. It provides a very nice relaxing aesthetic to the stroll, the pure sounds are great stress relievers. Along the trail there are many places where you can witness some nice steady water runoffs, the best one is about a half an hour's walk from Aldi's.

When you get out there far enough, and it is very close to the waterfall is another nice scenic look of the Interstate 79 Bridge as it Crosses the Mon river right before the Interstate 68 junction.

It was a good day and I had a nice refreshing walk.

No comments: