Links

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Special Thank Yous

I have started to get my Diabetes under control, the numbers are starting to get consistently within the range of what normal is. I know this doesn't mean I beat diabetes, it is something I will battle for the rest of my life, but I do have it very well under control right now and that is the important thing.

A few thank you's in no particular order.

Jean Thank You for all the education and all the questions you have answered. Also for pestering me for the last couple years to finally get the ball rolling and getting this under control.

Pam Thanks for identifying that this was out of control and it needed to be addressed. I knew my numbers were high, but I didn't realize they were that out of control.

MomThank you for all the diabetic information and literature that you have given me. I also owe you a debt of gratitude for my now backup glucometer. I bought a new one, but it is always good to have a quality backup.

Kim Thank you for not listening to me and actually going and scheduling me a Doctors appointment against what at the time I thought was my better (should I say stubborn) judgment.

I battled diabetes once before a few years ago and beat it, I think I learned the hard way that it is in fact a battle that I will be fighting for the rest of my life. Developing diabetes is probably one of the bes things that has ever happened to me. I'm now having to pay attention to my diet and what I eat.

My doctor told me that the big three things to pay attention to are Sugar, Blood Pressure and Cholesterol. I had High Blood Pressure when I was in my 20's, but managed to beat that. I checked it a few days ago and it was 119/78. I haven't really addressed the Cholesterol yet, but my new diet is pretty low in Cholesterol and my numbers really weren't discussed. I honestly have no education on this at the present time, but now that the Sugar and BP are withing normal range I'll start educating myself on Cholesterol. If it's up and I honestly don't known if it is I already have a plan of action for that. Soy beans are infamous for lowering LDL levels and raising HDL levels of Cholesterol.

Is it softball yet?

1 comment:

Kim said...

No thanks is needed ....we love you and want you around for a very long time.