Links

Friday, March 09, 2007

It's Friday

Yes, it is once again that day of the week when the work finishes for the week and the fun starts for a couple of days. I'm thinking about sending a cyanide laced case of beer to my buddy Phil in Puxatawney, let the rat get poisoned for the biggest snowfall of the season this week.

I went to the diabetes education class yesterday and had quite a few misconceptions cleared up. Needledss to say I was prepared with some very good questions and received some very good answers. I was placed on a diet by a dietician, and started to think to myself just great. However, once I started doing the math and started realizing how I ma eating, not too much is changing other than moving breakfast back a few hours spreading it out a little from lunch.

My plan includes:

60 Grams of Carbs for Breakfast at 6:00.

15 Grams of Carbs at 9:00 for a snack

60 Grams of Carbs at 12:00 for lunch

15 Grams of Carbs at 2:30 for a snack

60 Grams of Carbs at 5:00 For Dinner

15 Grams of Carbs at 7:30 for an evening snack.



It's broken down by choices, 15 grams of carbs is equal to one choice. That's 4 choices for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and One choice 3 times for snacks.

This was set up by the dietician, and it doesn't seem that hard to follow. There is nothing I can not eat, as long as it is in proportion and within my plan.

Surprisingly my blood pressure was much lower than it was when I was at ther doctors last time. 122/82 was my reading and I was quite surprised and happy with that. I cut down drastically on my sodium intake, and I think it is starting to show.

FYI, you need 2,400 MG of Sodium a day. Many of the things you eat already have plenty of sodium in them.

Oh well, back to work so the weekend can start.

No comments: