Links

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

ESRI Users Conference Day 3

This week Michelle and I will be traveling to the West Coast as I attend the ESRI Users Conference in San Diego. This weeks blogs are pre-written and just a bit of information as to where we are and what we are doing for the week.

Today is going to be another day like yesterday, a continuation of seeing new technologies and a chance to see in what ways others are using this technology in innovative ways. I think I am on the cusp of one myself with the development of a Federal asset validation tool that I have been working on for the last year or so. There is one other National Lab that has done something similar, but I'm wanting something robust, accurate and that can produce real time information and have the spatial database to support the numbers.

There are a number of sessions today that will help me address that and beyond. I'll be attending about any and all training I can fit into my schedule where there is no conflict. Printing out the full agenda, it's 187 pages in length, now it is up to me to determine what I want to see and where and hope it doesn't conflict with other things in the same time slots. I'm just a kid in a candy store here, but I have already planned what I would like to see.

This evening I'll be attending the Department of Energy's GIS Users group. We met in January and it's nice to be able to meet, put faces and names to some pretty important people including those at Headquarters.

I may even find a few RTI people here.

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: