Links

Thursday, October 09, 2014




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out to reflect and look at the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or just stolen off of the internet through the years. Little lost moments in time that I like to relive here and share with everyone. Sometimes it is pretty easy to find that one special picture and sometimes it's not very easy at all. It is however always a whole lot of fun and very enjoyable for me.

This weeks picture does go back quite a few years, back to Christmas Eve 1977. My Grandfather had passed away earlier in the year and me and my Grandmother (shown here) went to my Dad's house for Christmas. This was our first Christmas eve without my grandfather and the first one that we had ever spent away from home.

Grandma Hall always hosted Christmas eve and I have some of my fondest Christmas memories with her and my Cousins Sharon and Lynne. However this year was different, and Grandma and I made our way to my Dad's.

For me this was my best Christmas ever as a child gift wide. I had wanted a mini-bike and my dad bought me a brand new 1978 Yamaha DT 100 Enduro that looked exactly like this one, although this is not the one that I had and I just happened to find this pic on a google internet search, but that is another story.

Going back to the picture though, I am pretty sure that this was the last Christmas Grandma Hall was "Healthy" and still functioning day to day, the next year may have been also, but she had had a few strokes and her health was slowly starting to diminish at this point.

She would be with us for two more Christmas's, but this was the first Christmas Eve that we had that was not our traditional Christmas eve. Life started to drastically change for me at this point as my innocence of youth was going away and the person who was my everything's health was starting to diminish.

We all have lost days in our lives that we would love to revisit, this is one of mine for many reasons.

No comments: