Links

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Traveling Kind of Day

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from a losing battle with that dreaded Sandman and I'm watching Reel Steel on FX and collecting my thoughts for the day.

We have decided to make this a travel day and we are heading to Moundsville, West Virginia to visit and tour the Penitentiary. We were there last year and decided that we were going to return this year, but it's not until today that we actually making it back. It's a facility that I have always wanted to tour, as I had an Aunt and Uncle who lived just a few blocks down the road.

There are a couple of other places we are talking about visiting today, one is going to be Cabelas where we are going to stop and see what kind of spices and casings they have for making sausage. I bought a meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachments for the Kitchen Aid last weekend we are looking for a few supplies and tips to be able to use it.

A trip to that area would never be complete without a stop by Dicarlo Pizza, but I think I'll limit it to a slice or two rather than half of a pizza. I'm doing good on my weight loss and don't want to get off track.

Speaking of my weight loss, since May 22nd I'm down 83.7 lbs and I'm down 98.7 lbs since Christmas. I've still got a way to go, but I'm still focused despite my intention to enjoy myself with a little bit of pizza this afternoon. Just for the record, my BMI when I went to my first diet class in May was 43.51 and today it is 31.84. What has this done for me? My A1C in June was 10.4 and I was on 92 units of insulin. My A1C earlier this week was 5.4 (5 whole points drop in a few months and eliminated insulin completely with no other meds). I'm getting there, I'm just not there as of yet, but I'm getting there. I think I can spare a slice or two of pizza today. =)

Have a great day.

No comments: