Links

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to awaken from that losing battle with that undefeated Sandman last night and am up early watching Semi-Tough on HBO looking at some of the last scores from yesterday in college football action.

Speaking of College Football, I did manage to catch the final 5 or so minutes of the WVU game against Texas Tech where we won on a last second 55 yard Field Goal 37-34. We were sitting at DiCarlos (I ate waaaaaaaaay too much) at the end of the game, so I got to see WVU score the final 17 points of the game.

Our tour of the Moundsville Penitentiary  went well. Our tour guide did a great job and told numerous stories of the prison and about a number of the inmates. I was kid of surprised to find out 998 inmates had died while at the prison, either by Capital Punishment, old age or they were just flat out murdered by other inmates for one reason or the other.

We did find the new Hobby Lobby and the new Field and Stream store in Washington PA. I really liked this Hobby Lobby, but the one up in Robinson Township was a little bit bigger, although I highly recommend this one if you are into crafts.

Today is going to be a typical Sunday for us, shopping for the week and Laundry as we prepare for another work week, although tomorrow is a Federal Holiday and I'll be able to extend mine one additional day. The Steelers play the Browns at 1:00 this afternoon (I love 1:00 games), so I'll probably watch that game this afternoon.

Have a great day.

No comments: