Links

Monday, October 13, 2014

Columbus Day

I'm one of those lucky people who get to stretch my weekend out for one more day as we celebrate the Federal Holiday Columbus Day today. Which means I get to stay home one more day and enjoy one extra day to my weekend.

Michelle on the other hand has to work today, as her company as does a number of even Federal Contractors don't recognize this day as a Holiday, so it shouldn't be knock against any company doing business.

Since Michelle is working, I'll be honest I have no real plans for the day. Maybe to head out and see what kind of sales I can find, since many of my clothes were purchased for a much larger version of me. It's time to begin downsizing my wardrobe a little bit (yeah me).

Yesterday we tried to use our Meat Grinder and Sausage stuffer for the first time. This is our first attempt and we made our own recipee that included ground turkey and a Pork Shoulder that we ground up. I had been reading that a common mistake people make is to not get enough fat that causes it to dry up, so Michelle used 50% Turkey and 50% Pork Shoulder and her secret recipe of spices to grind, Mix and finally make links. Our first link (middle piece, was a very bad trial and error that we later ended up fixing for dinner last night after we let the air out, the rest we portioned out, vacuum sealed and stuck them in the freezer for future meals.

I will admit we are beginners at this, and we learn by trial and error, but ultimately we have a high quality Hot Sausage that has many less calories that traditional hot sausage and we were able to season it the way we season it. The little bit we had for dinner was delicious, like I said this is going to be trial and error until we do get it right.

I hope everyone has a great day



No comments: