Links

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all the pictures that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time captured for a brief instant with a camera so that we can all forever relive them as I write a little blog about one of them. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that one special picture and sometimes it's not so easy, it is however always a whole lot of fun for me.

This weeks pic comes from one of those Marilla Park George Hall family BBQ that we used to have so often. Days gone by that everyone seems to remember and have very fond memories of. Whether it be one of my Sisters or Brother, or anyone else who took part in the events they were days that we all look back on with fond memories.

I think what I remember most, other than all the food my Dad and Jean used to serve, was the epic battles that took place soon afterwards. It always seem to start with an ice cube or a squirt out of a squirt gun and escalate from there. They started slow, but grew to the point where I can remember a large chunk of raw hamburger meat getting thrown. Jello seemed to be the worst, because it stained your clothes.

These are some of my fondest memories of my family growing up. There was never a stranger, no one ever went home hungry and it was always memorable.

No comments: