Links

Sunday, June 02, 2013

Sunday

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, so far I am the only one who has recovered from a losing battle last night with that dreaded Sandman. I'm up once again early, as I am every day, and I'm watching the Clint Eastwood movie Trouble with the Curve. We watched it last night and it was a great movie and it's on again, so I'll watch it again.

We actually got a good bit accomplished yesterday. Got a good early start to beat the heat and changed the brakes on the Taurus. I pulled it into the garage and Michelle was a big help to me. I thought with two torn labrums that breaking bolts loose on the tire would have been very painful as it was last fall when I had a flat tire, fortunately it wasn't and my partner Ray (a nickname Michelle earned working with out brother in law Jim years ago) was a huge help.

After we got the brakes down, it was off to Southern States and Lowes to get our starter plants and a few other things. We ripped a small weed/bush out of the planter beside the patio and are managing to us that area for squash, zucchini and Cucumbers. the three creeper type of plants. In our raised garden we have tomatoes, green peppers and banana peppers in one side and Michelle used the other side to plant green beans.

We'll be out grocery shopping this morning, we usually plan our meals out for the week and then shop accordingly based on what we need. The only meal we haven't decided on is todays and we're thinking about grilling out one way or the other weather permitting, although it is calling for rain according to my iPhone's forecast.

Have a great day.

No comments: