Links

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well Monday is once again in our rear view mirrors and we are staring straight down the barrel of a Tuesday, can't think of a better reason than that to do a tidbits.

* 1,929 days ago my life changed forever, Michelle and I went out on our first date.

* 1,152 days ago I got down on a knee and proposed marriage to my wonderful wife.

* We've now been married for 689 days and going strong.

* There are only 189 more days left in this year, or until I do my goodbye 2013 Blog.

* 183 more shopping days left until Christmas.

* I have a mere 159 days left in my first half century. I'll turn the big 5-0 this year.

* 75 days and counting until we set sail on the Atlantic Ocean to the Caribbean again. I swear I could retire there.

* 67 days until the start of the 2013 Mountaineer Football season when we take on William and Mary.

*  I've got 42 more days until until my second wedding anniversary.

* 23 more days to go before we hit our third and supposed final concert of the Summer when we will once again assemble with the rest of the Parrot Head Nation at First Niagra (Star Lake to you older people) Pavilion.

* Well it's going to be more than two months ahead of schedule, but the Mileground Roundabout will open to traffic tomorrow. These guys really kicked butt and this thing was not scheduled to be completed for tow more months. Wow is all I can say.

* For anyone who knew Frank Slavensky, he passed away last month and they are going to have a benefit dinner for him on Tuesday July 16th from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the Point Marion Firehall. It is $10 per person, and $5 for children under ten. Dinner includes pasta, salad, rolls, drinks, and dessert. There will be door prizes, give-aways, and raffle baskets. For an additional $10.00 you can enter to win 2 tickets to a Pirates vs New York Mets game. Frank was a great guy, he managed Giant Eagle for years and was a former softball team mate. I always thought pretty highly of Frank.

* The Neeses cancelled a protest in Greene County Pa yesterday, it was an attempt for the Greene County Coroner to release the body but it was cancelled with "No reason to reschedule". Hopefully the Neese's can finally get some closure on this.

* We tied up our green beans last night, they were planted as seeds and they are taking off now. My wife has a green thumb.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: