Links

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I USUALLY like to look through all of my pictures that I have stored on my computer and select just one magical moment in time to write a blog about. Sometimes this is pretty easy, sometimes it's not so easy and then you have today's blog which was nothing short of a disaster that was avoided.

Usually I talk about a nice picture of days gone by, this weeks picture is only a few hours (and in the case of me authoring this minutes) old. I'm breaking out of the normal blog today to do a current blog.

I get a call yesterday at work, Chad called Michelle who called me. I guess we had a water pipe bust in the garage. Water was everywhere and had started to work its way downstairs and into the carpeted area of the house before Chad got home and shut off the main water to the house.

It basically flooded the garage, and worked down into our furnace room which has a drain and onto the carpet in the laundry area. Like I said, Chad came home and shut the water off before too much damage was done.

Michael shut off the secondary water line that was feeding the line that busted and we quickly restored water to the house. Fortunately we have a carpet scrubber that sucks the water back up into that that allowed us to soak the majority of the water back up.

It was a fun day to say the least, I'm just thankful that it was caught early before it did any serious damage or got into out closet.

hi ho hi ho

No comments: