Links

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet Household, Sophie is sleeping as is Peanut so me and Kiwi are up conversing about life in general. It's just a dude's BS session about life in general. 

Well my work week got a little shortened this this week, I got called back to work the project I was working all summer, then after 2 12-hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday I was told the project is on hold as there needed to be some paperwork completed first. We we hoping to restart it Monday, but as of last night it doesn't appear that that will be the case. I'm ready when they are. It's only a short surge so this is temporary. Once my contract with LanceSoft expires, Parsons plans on retaining me on a casual basis which gets my foot in the door with them. 

I had a couple situations this past week as far as interviews. One that I did not tell anyone about, but I thought Michelle and I would be relocating to Tallahassee Florida in a few weeks. I was kind of quiet about this as it was a much larger offer than what I was going to move to Fredericksburg for, plus the places down there are much nicer, more available and cheaper. This process has been going on since March, I was supposed to have heard something by Tuesday and didn't, so that may not come to fruition. 

I had another interview this week for another job that is another contract with Matrix. They interviewed 5 of us, were supposed to hire 4 of us and I was the only one who was offered. That job starts in the middle of October, and is a remote role so I will be working from home. I had to purchase my own equipment, so I bought a cheap laptop to finish my home system (dual monitors, docking station etc) that I can move from laptop to laptop depending on who I am working for and never change anything other than which laptop is running. I've already accepted my offer, done my background check and drug screen for that job. 

That has been my week so far. The Mountaineers play at home once again this afternoon for the third consecutive week when we host Texas Tech. Tech has beaten us the last four seasons, and is a pretty good team. The game will be on ESPN+, so it's a different subscription. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Let's Go Let's Go

No comments: