Links

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

14 years ago

It was 14 years ago today, at the very moment that this is posting, that something happened in my life that forever changed and shaped it. It was just just something that someone had said the night before and a project I was wanting to do that everything just kind of unknowingly came together. I posted my very first blog and I'm still on the same site and 5,375 blog  posts later I'm still sitting here doing it and doing it on a daily basis and I've probably been doing it daily since 2006.

I have covered a lot since my blog started. I was working at the NRAC just after graduation when I started to write it. Someone had made a statement of "I'm a Grogger not a Blogger" and I know what a grogger was (beer drinker) but I didn't know what a blogger was. Turned out it's a web log or an online journal (hence the name) that one could capture and share their thoughts with others on the internet.

My blog has reported births, marriages, graduations, deaths, career changes, TV shows, parties, trips and vacations, softball, wvu athletics, finding lost siblings and the search associated with it as well as a number of other topics too numerous to mention.

It just goes to show you that any little thing that you do in your life could be a tiny seed. A seed that grows into something much bigger than you ever anticipated. Did I think I would still be writing this on a daily basis 14 years later? Well the obvious answer to that is a resounding no. But what I did do is create a pretty thorough document that has covered the events of my life. It has been a pain in the butt at times, and it has turned out to be a very valuable piece of documentation of my life with the time stamps to go along with it.

Here is to the next 14 years of blogging, I'll keep writing if you keep reading. 

No comments: