Links

Monday, September 10, 2018

Ok Lets get this work week over

It's the hardest work week of the year and it starts today for both Michelle and I. It's the week you work right before your big planned vacation. Considering we had to cancel our cruise last year, this week has been two years in the making.

To say that I'm already in vacation mode is an understatement, I do have a couple of important meetings this week and have finalized everything for my new GPS system at work as that purchase is ready to be made. Funny thing how Government contracts work, I got three quotes from three regional authorized dealers for what we are wanting and then it had to be put out for bid since it will be Government Property. Would you believe there was only one bid and it came in significantly higher than any of the resellers. Now of course the bidder is the actual manufacturer and the difference was the cost of a two day on site training session. I'm just happy to be getting this ultra precise piece of equipment.

I do have a couple of meetings this week, I am now on the Morale Subcommittee for the site and we are having our initial meeting today. We're going to see if we can make work life just a little better for the site. We already have a state of the art fitness facility (that I never seem to use anymore) and a fitness trail, but you can always make things a little better and that is going to be our focus.

Have yourselves a great day today.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: