Links

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday

Well here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, the only sound that I hear if the fan running in the background, it's the only thing standing in the way of complete silence. The TV is on, but literally nothing is on as I fell asleep streaming a movie last night and it has completed. It's very peaceful to say the least.

I think Hayley and Josh moved in last night, they were not here by the time I went to bed, but the bedroom door is closed so they could very well be in there sleeping or they just dropped off some stuff last night. The suspense will be answered later this morning.

Our plans for the day? We went out last night and bought a pretty good sized pork shoulder, I'm going to throw it on the smoker here in a few hours and let it smoke all day. This will be our biggest smoking job since we bought our smoker earlier this year, we have used it for smaller meals, but this will be our first test with a large hunk of meat.

WV Mountainfest finishes up today, it has been a little wetter than years past and off the top of my head I would say that there are significantly less bikes this year than in years past. I could be wrong, I just haven't seen them out in full force like previous years and I acknowledge that that is largely in part to the weather. We have seen a lot of rain the past few days. Michelle grabbed this pic yesterday afternoon of the formed waterfall, pond and rainbow that all do not exist on a daily basis right outside of the WVU Alumni Center.

Have yourselves a great day today, try to stay dry and once again be cautious for extra two wheeled traffic as Mountainfest wraps up and they start to leave for the year.

No comments: