Links

Saturday, August 02, 2014

Saturday Morning Ramblings Part 1

Well here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first to recover from that butt kicking I took from the Sandman last night. I'm up watching the South Park Movie and the song Blame Canada is playing, which is really appropriate right now and will be explained later.

The three maps that you see in the two images on my blog are images that are at the Sequestration Center in Dekalb, Illinois. To the average person walking by they are just very large maps that are used for the walls. To me however it's a little bit of a different story as these are all my creations. and from an effort an international Atlas effort three years ago.

This was what I was working on at the time I was getting married a few years ago. It was an International effort with Canada and Mexico for a Sequestration Atlas that has won quite a few honors. The Canadians were pretty particular on many of the details of all the maps, but when it was all said and done it was an enjoyable effort. I did the paper maps and my partner in crime did the online viewer for this effort. They just shut down the nacsap.org website and let the domain expire because there will not be a Second Edition to this publication. That comes as a little bitter sweet for me. 

Have  Great Day.


No comments: