Links

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well the students are back at WVU, FallFest is now over and we have all started a new work week. Unless yesterday is a complete do-over I can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* 18,524 days ago my Mother and Father were blessed with a very special baby boy. One who would eventually grow up and write a blog, like the one you are reading now.

* 3,747 days ago I accomplished something that I had always wanted to accomplish, I graduated with a Degree from West Virginia University. I am fortunate to say, that I have stayed within my discipline post graduation, something I'm sure many can't say.

* 2,348 days ago I arranged for a date with Michelle. We went out for dinner and saw the movie 10,000 BC which has to go down as the dumbest movie I have ever seen. That didn't defray the evening or the events about to take place in my life though.

* 1,572 days ago, at around 4:00 in the morning in the back yard, I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to a woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with.

* 1,109 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, we partied down and got hitched.

* I have about 6,312 give or take a few hundred here or there days to go until I retire.

* Michelle and I will celebrate our Fourth Wedding Anniversary in 352 more days.

* There are 134 more days for me to write blogs for content before I do my Goodbye 204 Blog at the end of the year.  

* Looking to do a little Christmas shopping? You still have 128 more days of shopping before it gets here. Now is the time to maybe start planning and preparing.

* 19 more days and we will be setting sail to the Eastern Caribbean once again aboard the Carnival Pride.

* Only 11 more days until the West Virginia University Football team starts their 2014 season against Alabama coached by Monongah native Nick Saban.

* This is my 3,751st blog post that I have written for George's Journal. I will be celebrating ten years of being a blogger here in the very near future.

* Speaking of our cruise, I have pre-written all of the blogs that will be posted when we are out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Each BLOG will be a video blog corresponding to what we did on last years cruise on the same corresponding day of the cruise (although different dates). This will allow everyone to share what we will be doing each day with what we did the previous year.

* Yesterday was my next to last Dr's appointment (I had a stress test) before we go on our cruise. I still have two more dietitian classes left and one will be right before the cruise and the last one will be in October. It'll be after that one that they either schedule surgery or I'll re-evaluate how I have done and opt to not have any surgery.

* All the Mon County kids, including WVU, started school yesterday. Where did the Summer go to?

* It's looking like we're going to be getting rained on all week, maybe when we get back from vacation it'll be time to invest in a treadmill.

* I did finally talk to someone about Christmas, Terri said she would still like to do her little get together and she was going to talk to Pam in the near future who is also probably wanting to do one. I've suggested doing something before Christmas like renting a fire hall and getting everyone together to do a Christmas Cookie bake, but that is still up in the air as cost could be the big inhibitor on that project.

* I'll throw this out once again, Michelle and I and probably Smitty and Steph will probably be going to the Springs Festival  on October 4th if anyone is interested. You have to get up there early in the AM before it gets crowded and sells out of everything.

* Have a great Tuesday

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: