Links

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from a losing bout with that dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up early watching Despicable Me 2 on Amazon on demand and collecting my thoughts for the day.

It's amazing some of the things that you remember, earlier this week Robin Williams passed away, but today is the 37th Anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. I have no idea why August 16th is embedded into my head like no other date, including my own birthday, but it always has since that afternoon in 1977.

On today's agenda, we're going to hit the trails this morning. Michelle is itching to get back out on them, but I have been hitting them at lunch time at work every day. It'll be good for me to get back on the rails to trails, it'll be the first time I was on the flat trails since my battle with gout a few weeks ago. The rest of the days plans are still pretty much up in the air, I would like to take the Steelers trivia trophies and get some pictures with them.

The students started to move back into town yesterday as the dorms opened up. I do have to say that traffic wasn't as bad as I initially thought it would be, it was actually much worse the night before, however there is a dramatic increase in the number of cars on our side of town.

The weather is supposed to be nice today, as opposed to the rain that we are supposed to get all day tomorrow. So take that as a bit of advice to get out and enjoy the day.

Have a great day.

No comments: