Links

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Morning

Here I sit once again on again in a quiet household. I am once again the first to recover from a dreadful losing battle with the Sandman and am up watching The Doors on some movie channel. Michelle is still fast asleep as she managed to get an upset stomach yesterday afternoon. Rocky and Lilly, our house guests for the week have returned home as Michael and Ashley have returned from the beach.

We did a little bit of experimenting with food yesterday. As you may have noticed Michelle and I are both having a lifestyle change with our eating habits. I have been too big for too many years and it is time to take drastic measures to increase our quality of life and extend them both. I'm on a diet that is almost half of my needed caloric intake to maintain my weight. My weight was at it's highest it has ever been around Christmas and I knew changes were coming including insulin to control my diabetes that had gotten out of control. Since Christmas I have lost 41 pounds and about 25 pounds since we first met with our dietitian just a few short weeks ago. Long way to go still but this is not as hard as you would think. Loseit.com is awesome and they have an app for my iPhone as well.

Today we will be doing our grocery shopping and laundry as we do on any normal Sunday. Our weeks menu has been planned out since Friday (we use an app called Evernote) to communicate our menu with as we prepare for the week ahead. We have actually used that app for about a year now, great to sync work notes and about anything you want to keep track of. Highly recommended and useful app for those of us who like to keep track of everything.

I hope everyone has a great day and that the weather is more cooperative than yesterday (we got caught out on the trails when it started to rain). Michelle is up so it is time to start breakfast and get this day started.


No comments: