Links

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday

Sports Page Softball
Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all the tens of thousands of pictures I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet. Little lost moments of time that I like to post up and briefly re-live within the confines of my blog. Sometimes this is quick and easy and sometimes you struggle to find that special picture to use, but one thing that it always is is a whole lot of fun.

Through all of my years playing softball, I was associated with a number of very good teams. Many of which were top tier teams and had great team chemistry. The old original Sports Page teams that I played on was definitely one of those teams. This was a team that should have walked away with it all, but didn't. I've played on a few that can carry that honor, the Sterling Teams, the Recourse Teams, the Sports Page Teams and of course the Prime Thyme teams were all very good teams with a great chemistry. This was the Sports Page Team.

This picture was taken after the I believe the 1998 season was over at our Coach Scott Bartlett's House. We had a cook out after the season and played a little whiffle ball home run derby, and no I can not remember who won. It was a transitional period for me in my life, going from a career in industry to college and beyond. It was a care free summer that I tried to get my life back on track.

I miss that team, softball and that summer.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: