Links

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all of my pictures. The little lost moments in time that I have either taken, scanned or stolen from the internet through the years. Memories that are frozen and time and relived right here. Sometimes it's pretty easy finding that special moment and sometimes it's not so much, but it is always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture goes way back to early August 2000. Back before I ever even thought of owning a digital camera (actually they were expensive and used a 3.5" disc). Greg Helbig and I ventured way out west. Out to the Black Hills of South Dakota and Mount Rushmore. Greg was out there to run a 100 Mile Ultra Marathon and I tagged along to be his spotter and do the drop bags for him.

We did take some time to see the sights, including this picture (yes I took it) of the base of Mount Rushmore. It really was a surreal feeling as we were driving up the mountain to the park and seeing this. I never imagined I ever would have ever visited there, but yet there I was.

Greg and I hiked down below the lookout point, to the base of the sculpture where I got this picture. It was a great and memorable trip.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: