Links

Monday, May 06, 2013

Back to Work

Well that fun filled weekend that we have just enjoyed is now behind us and it's time to stick our noses back on the grindstone for another week of work. I love the weekends, but it is what we do during the week of work that affords us our opportunities to do the things that we want to do.

I have to say that I am loving my new computer more and more with each passing day. This thing is very quick, and has 4x the resources that my old computer had, and I spec'd that one out a few years ago to be a pretty good computer to do GIS work on from home. This one is lightning quick and the graphics are much better. I use Window's 7 on one of my three computers at work and I have a laptop here that has it, so it was nothing new for me to get acclimated to. I'm still running XP on two of my work computers, but since the end of life for XP will be next year, we will probably be upgrading those machines to Windows 7 as well.

I've found an ap for my iPhone that I am absolutely loving, I have Office 2010 at home and really like the program one note, but my work computers do not have it installed and I wanted something that I could use universally and including my iPhone. I've installed Evernote on my work computers as well as my home computer. I have an ap on my iPhone for it and all my notes sync together using this ap. We had a powerpoint for Friday's meeting and I attached it to my notes and walla, I synced it and everything was available on my iPhone. Really impressed this this and highly recommend it for any professional or anyone with a smart phone.

To wind the weekend down yesterday, Michelle and I had a little cookout on the back patio of Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and you can;t have good times without noodle salad. =)

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: