Links

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, everyone is fighting a losing battle with the sandman other than me who is up early watching Horrible Bosses in the background.

I had a couple of unexpected events yesterday at work. Our contract is not in place, so my boss wants us to take this week as a weeks vacation. No tasks are in place so there is nothing to bill to, so I'll be burning vacation next week with the exception of two meetings that I have. I was going to take Friday off anyways and even contemplated Wed, but now it appears that with the exception of a couple meetings nest week that I will bill to overhead, I'll be off next week.

As I was leaving work yesterday, I came out and discovered a flat time. Drivers side front tire was completely flat and there must be a hole in it. Michelle brought me a couple of cans of fix-a-flat and it went flat again before I got halfway home. So with Michelle'e assistance, she's a trooper, we changed the tire pretty quickly in the middle of the street to be able to get the car home last night. It wasn't a very good day to say the least. I have 4 1/2 weeks of vacation built up, so no worries there.

Today we are going to start getting ready for Christmas. We have two weekends we will be traveling, one weekend dedicated to the Christmas Tree and one weekend baking Christmas cookies. Today and this weekend, it's time for the bi-annual carpet shampooing. I'll go out here in a little while and get a carpet scrubber and Michelle will run one and I'll run the other one that we have.

Traffic was ridiculous around town last night. We play Oklahoma this afternoon, that and the students had to be out of the dorms yesterday evening created a lot of havoc around town to travel around.

I did learn yesterday what is being built in the Suncrest Plaza. The big stand alone building is going to be Pro Performance Suncrest, I think they are still keeping the facility at Mylan Park open.

Have a great day

No comments: