Links

Sunday, March 04, 2012

Passports Taken Care of

Once again I sit here in a quiet house writing my blog, Chad is on his way or in Cleveland for work this week, Michelle is sound asleep in lala land and I'm up writing my blog with As Good As It Gets playing in the background. The bread machine is once again helping prepare a fresh loaf of bread for breakfast this morning and I'm just waiting to hear the beeps to remove the paddle once again.

Well we finally went to the post office yesterday to apply for our passports. We actually got there at 8:30 (Post Office opens at 9:00) but they ONLY do 15 passports on Saturdays and we were #15 and 16, she did do both of ours. There were a dozen people in line behind us and probably another half a dozen that came in later. I had heard numerous people saying this was either their second or third trip to try to get one, and we managed to get there and get it on our first try and get everything processing.

I had to write two $110.00 checks (one for each of us) and and $80.00 check for the application fee and the picture fees. So for around $300.00 and a four to six week waiting period until they send us back our paperwork, we'll be able to travel anywhere in the world the next ten years. This will be the first trip outside of the United States for either me or Michelle. We're both pretty excited about that.

Have a great day.

Here are a couple videos of our boat and trip someone else took on the same boat.



No comments: