Links

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Morning

I guess it's never dull around here in the middle of the night. Yesterday they had the gunman downtown and just a few hours ago there were a couple of drunks fighting in the middle of the street up the road from our house. Chad was out there to break it up and I guess one of the guys actually was run over by a car. Chad said they were two brothers and of course the police were called. I was sleeping so I missed that b it of early morning excitement.

Nothing major on our agenda for today other than our grocery shopping that we do every Sunday morning. This weather I have to say is horrible and I feel like a hibernating bear on weekends. I guess Spring is on its way back as we have passed through the first third of winter already.

Maybe this would be a good time to start planning our back patio garden for 2012 as well as some of the projects we have been doing around here. Last year was our first go around with the backyard patio garden. We kind of entered into it not really knowing what we wanted to do with it. Our Mint is STILL going strong even today of you can believe that.

I don't think we are going try broccoli this year, they all flowered before they hit maturity. We did have a great deal of luck with our peppers and tomatoes and next to no luck with our Onions. Lettuce came in strong, but kind of over shadowed and screwed a few other things up. It was a leaf lettuce rather than a head lettuce and our cabbage never really grew to a point where we could harvest it. Something tells me this year will be more fresh spices, peppers and a tomato plant.

Stay warm and have a great day.

No comments: