Links

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Snow Snow Go Away

Snow, Snow go away, and come back again some other year. I don't know about anyone else, but I think I have seen about enough of this white stuff this winter. We had a heavy snow fall prior to Christmas.

The Month of February should be changed to Snowbuary for the amount of snow that we have seen since that damn rat popped his head out from under his hole. Thanks a lot Phil.

I'm ready for the birds to start singing, for trees to start with their little initial buds and first signs of that wonderful green foliage that I love so much. I'm ready for the spring time and fresh springtime air that emanates freshness and the dawn of summer. I'm ready for the flowers to awaken from their long winter hibernation to fill the landscape with beautiful colors. I'm ready for a fresh clean spring rain to wash the memories of winter away as if to just clean everything up with a spring cleaning.

I'm ready for spring, where you have cookouts and Easter Egg hunts, when you hear the sounds of softballs pinging off aluminum bats being swung by older people like me surrounded by friends. I'm ready for nice evenings when the sun stays up and you fire up the grill with the smell of charcoal (propane in our case) and hear the searing steaks and brats that tickle your nostrils with aroma.

I'm ready for springtime and I'm ready for the snow to stop. Have I ever mentioned I HATE SNOW!!!!

No comments: