Links

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Yesterday and today

yesterday started out with me taking Michelle to Breakfast for her birthday. I was going to cook for her, but my mastery of the frying pan, Microwave and Toaster have seemed to have diminished over the past year, I thought it might be better to take her someplace edible.

We attended Rich's first viewing yesterday afternoon, it was a nice first night where a few of his childhood friends stopped by to express their condolences to Jean and Nanna.

Afterward it was off to Colosante's for Michelle's birthday dinner. We went there a year ago for her birthday, and this is just where we seemed to end up. No pre-planning but I think both of us knew we were going there (we're kindered) before it was ever brought up.

Two viewings today, one from 2-4:00 PM and one from 6-8:00 PM.

While we were at dinner last night, Chris O called me. He expressed his condolences and asked if we were going to be at the game tomorrow. He was planning on putting "Happy Birthday Michelle" up on the big screen and playing Poker Face for her. I thought that was one heck of a nice gesture, however wee had to explain to him we will be at the funeral home tomorrow. Thank You Chris.

I have to say, I am one lucky guy. On her birthday Michelle was a trooper, maybe it's because she is a widow herself and knows first hand what it is like. The feeling of emptiness that many of us have never experienced and she was right by Jean and Nanna on her day. I am one lucky man, to say the very least.

No comments: