Links

Thursday, July 20, 2006

A very hearty thank you

Over this past week, yours truly, the hacker with the extraordinary talent of being able to find a hack to almost anything had one thrown back in his face and and ended up getting a Malware virus that just basically hijacked Internet Explorer. ANOTHER good reason why I highly recommenf the Firefox browser. It had basically taken over my system and was opening up an IE window about every 15 minutes telling me that my computer was infected and to click here to fix it for $49.95. If anyone ever sees anythign like this NEVER fall for it because they are the one that have placed the Trojan on your computer and won't fix your problem. They will take your money enough if your gullible enough.

It's taken me nearly a week in using adaware, macafee, Hijack this and this elusive trojan kept wanting to hide itself, so I needed to do a little more research and found a the Tom Coyote forums. Needless to say he worked with me over a few days in tracking this elusive trojan down that totally screws Internet Explorer up and takes over your system. (Don't worry if I set your browser up you are not using IE, it's the default browser from Windows.

Had I not been looking for a hack to a piece of software I would never had obtained this trojan, however I always like to push the envelope and see what kind of trouble I can get into. It's one way to get an education.

No comments: