Links

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Job Offer

Yesterday afternoon was filled with a good bit of excitement for me, I officially received a job offer from VARGIS to go work for them in Frostburg, Maryland. I interviewed there last week and felt real good about coming out of the interview.

Yesterday those feelings were justified when I received the official offer that I am accepting. It's just a small matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's. I was having server problems yesterday as were they, so it should be finalized this morning. The entire employment package has already been discussed and negotiated where it is feasible for me to accept this offer.

In more than one way, I feel like I won something. Not so much the job, but I have stayed the path and tried to get a job in my particular field of study that I have worked four years in college getting some great hands on experience from some of the best teachers anyone could ever wanted to have had. Many college graduates never work in their field of study, to me this is what I wanted to do and have not been distracted looking for employment in other fields.

My official start date is Monday April 4th.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are going to do wonders ...you are going to be one of those success stories our childrens children will know about.

Congrats!!
Love, Kim

Sandi said...

Honey, I am so proud of you. You have not only set the example of going to college.. you have made a success of it. Your Dad would be very proud of you too. Congrats on a job well done. MOM

George Hall said...

Thank you, both of you. These are the ultimate compliments.