Links

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Life is good

Every once in a while we all need to take time out to ourselves and reflect on things. Things we need to change or just simply what direction our lives are going in and do we need to alter them.

Yesterday after work, I took a nice long stroll on Rails to Trails here in Morgantown. It was a semi-warm day and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Many people were out on the trails enjoying life. Just about everyone looking up in passing as if to say hello, great day.

I had my portable CD player and was playing probably my favorite album, Van Halen's Right Here, Right Now. Great live album that I love to listen to. I'm sure on my travels to Frostburg I will be listening to it quite often.

While walking I stopped at one point in the trail to just look at the river near the dam. To me in my lifetime, water has always been my serenity. Whether it be a stream or a waterfall or a river or lake, being around water always helps me reflect.

I started thinking about the last eight years of my life. Since Helmick shut down I have found and lost someone I loved very much. Was re-introduced to someone whom I hold very dearly. I decided to completely re-shape my life, I knew society was changing and I had to adapt to those changes. I lost everything I possessed. Retirement, my car and even my apartment that I had for over ten years. I was forced to swallow my pride and ask my father for assistance. I made the decision to go to college while I briefly lived with him. I lost him less than thirty days before I entered WVU. I lived with my younger sister until I could get on my own feet and did so. I've seen silly family feuds come and go. I saw five years of college in what at times appeared to be an endless journey. I saw myself accomplish a lifetimes dream. I saw a change in jobs and learning new skills to coincide with my major. I saw Deans lists and made some great friends. I did all of this hoping to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Not only did I see the light, I'm at the open door and walking in. I'm getting ready to start a portion of my life that I have worked the last eight years for. I have to reflect back and thank everyone who has helped me reach this point of my life. It's a realization that if you work hard enough, dreams do in fact come true.

Anyways, I was reflecting upon my life, past, present and future and I could only come to one conclusion. Life is good.

No comments: