Links

Thursday, March 31, 2005

When it rains, it pours

As everyone reading my BLOG knows, I have accepted a job and start this Monday with a company called VARGIS. Thye were the first to offer and I really like what I see there. I think it has a lot of potential and it's a growing compoany that I want to be a part of.

AS everyone knows I graduated last May and had put out numerous applications in hope for employment. I had one interview last fall with the WV GIS Tech Center for a job, but ultimately did not get the job. I had been talking to Dewberry for months and was actually scheduled to interview with them in DC tomorrow, but I cancelled the interview being happy with the offer from VARGIS.

After all this inactivity, Caliper called me and wanted to schedule an interview with me. Obviuosly I declined the invitation, but I thought it was kind of ironic that there is a lot of activity for my services as of late.

I never thought I would see the day when I turned down 2 jobs in a pay range more than I had ever made in my life in one year in the same week. Life is pretty good right now for me.

No comments: