Links

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Site overhaul

My website has sat dormant long enough and I felt that it was time to update and change it. I think I have the general shell of it up, but not completely. It still has a lot of tweaking and fine tuning to do to it before I make it the primary set of pages for George-Hall.Net.

In the last coupe of years everything I have done for my sites has been done in Frames. It was a nw litle trick I had learned a few years ago, but most people that I talk to tend to not like frames, so I am redoing my site with a completely different theme and no frames.

I have to send a thank you to Mark Devault for writing the code I needed for my startup page. It's been a trick that he has used for years on a lot of his pages that he designs where you have an image, or a set of images that are variables. Everytime the page loads or is refreshed there is a different image that is displayed. I liked the trick and feel it offers a little variety to the page.

I haven't completely finished the new site as of yet and I've just started to re-do the links page (talk about a complete mess) and start to publish it, but the majority of the site is at a Temporary Location for right now, or at least until I get done tweaking it to how I want it to look.

I have made a half dozen attempts to redo the site over the past few months, but have never got this close to completion as I have on this new design. There always seemed to be something along the line to make me scratch the project at some point or the other.

I'll keep everyone updated as to when I actually publish the new site, remember this is a temporary location. I have a lot of tweaking to to and may even add a few PHP features while trying to teach myself to write PHP.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

No comments: