Links

Monday, September 11, 2017

Monday

All good things must come to an end, and that does in fact include those fun filled fall football weekends that we all kind of enjoy. Now it's time to put those games behind us, head into the office so we can talk about those games and start another week of doing what it is we do for a living.

Would you believe that today is kind of an accomplishment for me as a blogger. While I am coming up on a milestone of 5,000 blogs written which should be coming up later this month, today actually marks the 13th Anniversary of my very first blog post. It was 13 years ago today that I heard someone say "I'm a grogger not a blogger", that I had to find out what a blogger was. I knew what a grog was, but I had never heard the term blogger so I investigated and the rest is a daily documented history pretty much of my life over the last 13 years.

I have to say that for me, someone who loses interest in things after a while, that 13 years of writing about things in my life is a pretty remarkable accomplishment for me. It's a great way to document times and events of things that have happened in my life. It's documented my time with Michelle, job changes that I have made, births, deaths, travel, purchases, what I am watching on TV, and things in my life and the lives of many people who have been around me for those 13 years.

I try to keep it simple with a few simple rules I have adopted over the years. Never air out any dirty laundry on my blog. I have a few times, but I have found it is better to remain neutral. Keep it PG rated, I have been known to cuss worse than a factory worker at times and I have tried not to carry it over to this format. I've made very few political posts and that has been by design. I do strongly hold my opinion, but putting it out there for the whole world to see while I am employed as a Government Contractor is probably not the smartest move so I just don't do it. I try not to angry post or say anything derogatory about anyone. I learned a long time ago expressing your emotions is one thing, expressing your emotions and documenting them on the internet or Social Media (which this blog also posts to via Twitter and Facebook) is something that you could very be more trouble than it was ever intended.

There are other rules, but they have all been pretty simple and easy to comply to. I have been threatened with lawsuits by lawyers for my blog a few times. Specifically the cash for gold scam whose attorney's sent me multiple letters to cease and desist, but they are lawyers and not a judge and I stood by first Amendment Rights.

I can been a wonderful 13 years, it's been fun documenting them and I take a little time out every once in a while to go back and review them. It's been tedious at times, but I don't regret becoming a blogger and it really has been a whole lot of fun for me.

Have yourselves a great day today and here is to another 13 years of Blogging.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: