Links

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Road Trip Kind of Saturday

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the Sandman last night and I'm up early collecting my thoughts for the day and surfing the World Wide Web. Gracie is here and we are up watching Super Troopers and cooking Breakfast.

I'll be heading out here early this morning to go to the other side of town to pick up my Mom and then come back home and grab Michelle and pack up and head out on another road trip this morning.

It's going to be a day trip as we will return this evening and we're heading out to Amish Country in Ohio for the day. The weather is supposed to be beautiful and in the 70's today, so it's a good day for a road trip. This is one of Mom's favorite places to go, so we are going to take her out with us for the day and use her experience of the place to maybe help us learn a few new places that we have not seen yet or been to as well as stopping at a few of our favorite places for the day.

Michelle and I have been there twice, the first was when we went to the NFL Hall of Fame back in 2010 and I believe the second time was the following year right before our first cruise, but we pulled double duty that year as it was a family get together for Michelle's family was the primary reason we traveled there on that day.

On the way home we are planning on stopping at Di Carlos for dinner and even bringing one home. We always bring one home partially cooked then portion it out for Michelle as it is surprisingly one food that she has had absolutely no problem eating son she takes a couple of slices for her lunch at work. Freezing it gives her 8 different means when she desires it.

It's going to be a great day with a couple of special ladies, so I'll have my cameras with me  and our cooler bag ready to go.

Have a great day.

No comments: