Links

Saturday, May 09, 2015

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit yet once again, the first one to recover from that losing battle with the dreaded Sandman last night. I just woke up and the TV is not on, but I'm starting to collect my thoughts for the day.

Well originally Michelle was going to go home this weekend, but that changes as Holly (who she was going to stay with) had some family health issues that took precedent, so they have postponed it until another weekend.

Then we made plans to go to Ohiopyle today, but that might even be put on hold due to a health issue that I have been battling the last few days.

I have been in extreme pain the last couple of days, I've been battling Bursitis of the Hip and waited until Thursday when it almost crippled me to go to the Doctor and get a diagnosis. Yesterday I really needed Michelle as I couldn't even put on my socks or shoes due to the extreme pain in my right hip. There are a number of factors that could have caused it, one of which very few people know about me and that was due to a childhood accident where I broke my left leg and spent a few months in traction and body casts. I'm a half inch taller on my left leg than I am my right and this must have taken a toll the last 42 years.

It was a radiating pain so much that I got about 2 hours of sleep Thursday night and was actually in tears coming down the stairway after visiting the doctor. I think it took about 10 minutes and a whole of of grimacing for me to make it all the way downstairs. I thought the gout was bad last year, this started on my right hip joint and just radiates from there.

So our plans may be on hold today and we may be here at home to allow me some time to recover. I do feel much better today and actually was able to get a great nights sleep last night,but I've been using ice packs and ibuprofen to battle it. Hopefully this bout doesn't last much longer, the next step is going to Sports Medicine and getting injections of steroids into my hip.

Have a great day.

No comments: