Links

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Sunday Morning Rambling

Here I sit once again in a quiet Household, I'm the first one to recover from that losing battle with the dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up early watching Tammy on HBO and collecting my thoughts for the day.

We had a great day yesterday in our daytrip to Amish Country in Ohio. We discovered a new place that my Mom showed us called Heinis Cheese Chalet  that I think we are going to add to the places we go to as well as a number of places we always hit when we head to the Area.

We started out at Breitenbach Winery, then went to Swiss Heritage Winery before heading to eat an early lunch at Der Dutchman at Sugar Creek as well as Carlisle Gifts before we headed out to Tis the Season then Heini's and finishing up our day at Amish County at the Walnut Creek Flea Market  before starting to head back home.

We did stop by Tappan Lake on our way up and actually saw a live Crane out in the wild. That was the first time any of us have ever actually seen one that wasn't in a zoo or contained in some kind of a habitat. This is the lake that was filled with Lilly Pads the last time that we were there a few years ago.

On our way home we stopped and got some Pizza from DiCarlos for dinner and brought an uncooked one home for Michelle and half a tray that was cooked for Gerald.

It was a great day and a busy day but a very memorial day to  to say the least.  I think my Mom had a great time and really enjoyed herself and I know Michelle and I enjoyed having her with us.

Every time we go out there since we do it as day trips it seems like we always visit the places we like and like to find at least one more place that we haven't been to see if we want to add it to our regular routine. Heini's is a place we will re-visit I'm quite sure.

Today it's back to normal, shopping laundry and preparing for the week of working ahead. I'll be home this coming weekend as Michelle is planning on traveling back home for the Mother's Day weekend.

Have a great day.

No comments: