Links

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Congratulations Briitany Dae Cummings

It seems like only yesterday that I was showing my Niece Brittany around the WVU Campus. It was 2009 and she was just an incoming Freshman trying to figure out where everything was located on campus as she was getting ready to start her collegiate academic career.

Well it has been a few years and she has stayed dedicated and focused on achieving her degree and joining me as an Alumnus at West Virginia University today.

To say that this makes me very proud is an absolute understatement. I've had three nieces/nephews start college, but she will be the very first one to earn her degree and both Michelle and I will be there with cameras, tripods and camcorders in hand to try to capture the days events.

I was trying to surprise her, but she already knows about it for one of the Graduation Gifts that we are going to give her. Just like I did with my wedding, I've worked with my Congressman and will obtain  one of the flags that flies over the US Capital today and it will be shipped to her probably tomorrow. I knew that there was plenty of time and knew that this is a special day, so I obtained something special for her day for her to remember this day by.

Congratulations Brittany, both Michelle and I are tremendously proud of you and what you have accomplished. Until you have completed your walk down the hallowed hallways and completed the journey it's hard to understand the time, commitment and sacrifice that it takes to achieve this. Brittany, from the bottom of my heart I am very proud of you.

This is your day girl, savor every last second of it as you have earned it.

See you this afternoon.

No comments: