Links

Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

As we take a little bit of time today to relax and enjoy ourselves with BBQ's Sunshine and Family, let us not forget the reason that we get to take a little bit of time off and enjoy ourselves.

Today is a day we take out and honor those who not only served, but died doing so as we celebrate their sacrifice and service today, Memorial Day 2015.

I was going to run around to all the graveyards and stick new flags upon all of my relatives who have military service during times of conflict and are no longer here with us for one reason or another.

You've always heard me talk about my Grandfather who raised me, while he himself was a WWI Veteran, this year I am going to honor my Mom's Father Donald for his service. I believe he served during WWII and Korea, but don't quote me on that. I was only fortunate enough to meet him a couple of times, my Sister Terri probably knew him the best followed by my Sister Kim.

As we relax and BBQ today, take a little bit of time out to remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for us so we can live in a free country.

Have a Great Day.

No comments: