Links

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through the pictures that I have. Little lost moments in time that were either captured with my camera, that I scanned or that I just simply flat out stole off of the internet. I like to select just one of those moments and write a little something about it, reflecting to a time gone by. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, it is however always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture was one that was long lost but just recovered last weekend. Jean had a couple of picture albums up in a closet from years ago. Pictures that many of us had not seen in some time or never before, to to me this was like finding the holy grail of pictures from my past.

I scanned a number of pictures this past weekend, so I had to select one (or two) to use for today. The picture I chose was one of my Dad at work just simply eating his lunch in the mines. He was a long time coal miner and he was a coal miner until the day that he passed away a little over just 15 short years ago.

On this Thanksgiving I am thankful that this man was my Father. I just wish he were around today to see all of his kids, Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren. I think he would have been as thankful for us as we are to have been a part of his life.

How about a bonus pic??




No comments: