Links

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Sunday

Once again I am up early and I am the only one on the household who has recovered from a losing battle with that dreaded Sandman. He got me later last night than usual, I watched the Steelers game, but I'm still up around the same time as I usually am. Some movie is playing in the background and I have no idea what it is.

Yesterday was a very productive day. We (mostly Michelle) did an intensive cleaning which included shampooing the carpets here. We usually do it about 2-3 times a year, but this was the first real good opportunity we had to do them since we bought the rug doctor earlier this summer. We've been running or recovering all Summer and we'll be leaving on vacation in a couple of weeks, so this was our last opportunity of the Summer to do them. Hayley and Jared cleaned up and organized the back bedroom, I steamed the kitchen counters and did a lot of the dusting but Michelle was the here of this cleaning.

Nick, Gerald and I moved a lot of Mom and Gerald's stuff including most of their books and that entire huge storage cubby hole cleaned out and moved to storage. Between Nick's truck, my Subaru and Gerald's car, it only took us a couple of trips and we managed to get a good bit of the insignificant stuff moved. I'll be on my cruise when they move, so Nick will need as much help as he can possibly get.

Speaking of today, Nick said he's taking the day off and taking the Harley out to take a ride to Romney today. Michelle and I will be going to her sisters this afternoon for a cookout since many people from her family are down for the weekend.

Have a great day.

No comments: