Links

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday





Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through of my pictures, this week I have to refer to my online pictures as I am reformatting my desktop computer and select one special picture to write about. A lost moment in time to relive in my blog and reflect upon. Some times it;s pretty easy, and sometimes it challenging since my PC is down, but it is always a lot of fun.

This weeks picture goes to the end of an era, unless I am mistaken, this is from my last at bat in my last game of my long softball career. A softball career that extended for 27 years, playing on some great teams, with some great team mates and also playing on teams that would do nothing but fight and argue with ourselves.

It was the one thing I always looked forward to every summer, meeting with my boys of summer and stepping foot on the playing field and battling an opponent to say we are better.

I met a lot of great people who turned out to be lifelong friends on the softball field. The worst injury I ever saw was in the next to last game I ever played and it was a team mate.

My career is over with today, my shoulders could not take throwing or hitting a ball, much less with the velocity I used to deliver it, I did have a very nice arm that was pretty accurate earlier in my career. It bothers me a little to no longer be playing, but I knew the last few years I played that my skills were diminishing and I wasn't who I used to be.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: