Links

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well Monday is once again behind us and in our rear view mirrors. We're looking straight down the barrel of a Tuesday and I have been scratching my head wondering if there is a better reason than that to don a tidbits.

* 1,873 days ago Michelle and I went on our first date. Pizza Hut and 10,000 BC were on our agenda for that magical evening.

* 1,096 days ago, or exactly three years ago today, about the time this posts I took her out in the back yard and proposed marriage.

* 633 days ago in front of our closest friends and family, we entered into the world of marital bliss.

* There are only 239 more shopping days left until Christmas.

* In 131 more days we set sail on the high seas once again on our cruise.

* Jimmy Buffet started his 2013 tour this past weekend, in 79 more days he'll be entertaining us.

* 53 days to go until the Kenny Chesney concert.

* 52 days left until it is officially Summertime.

* 46 days until we see Peter Frampton in the first of our three concerts we'll see this summer.

* I have about 11 days to go using Linux until my new computer arrives. My monitor has already shipped, now I just have to wait till next Monday when the CPU ships out.

* I learned some very shocking and sad news yesterday morning. Frank Slavensky, a kid who grew up in East Gate, someone who I later played against in Softball until I recruited him  to join us on Judies Lounge, a friendly guy who used to run the Morgantown Giant Eagle and always had a smile on his face had a severe cardiac arrest Sunday evening and passed away at the age of 46. I would always see Frank at Giant Eagle when I used to shop there and we would always say hi and talk a few minutes. He has worked the past few years at Shop N Save in the Glenmark Center, where he suffered his cardiac arrest. RIP Frank, you were a good friend, a great team mate and it was my pleasure to know you.

* Michelle said she hates dentists. She has a filling refilled yesterday and that's all she would say last night, that she hates dentists.

* I got word that our friend Trish Rosiak will be getting married this Friday afternoon at 5:00. Short notice, but Michelle and I will try to be there although we have not seen too much of Trish over the last year.

* If you are looking for a little bit of cheap fun tonight, go to Hawley Field and cheer on the Mountaineers to beat Pitt. Admission and select concessions only $1.00.

* Last I heard, Abe Vigoda was still alive.

* Hi ho hi ho

No comments: