Links

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all my pictures. It gives me time to reflect on moments of time gone by and give me a chance to relive them briefly through my blog. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task, you just know the picture when you see it. Sometimes it's not so easy and you look and look and look. One thing that I will always say, it is always a whole lot of fun.

This weeks picture goes clear back to Christmas Day probably around 1970 or 1971 and yours truly front and center opening up some of my presents that I received. My Uncle Ralph is in the red shirt, that's my dad in the green, my cousins Lynn and Sharon and round out with my Grandpa Hall.

That was the year me and Lynn tried ton sneak downstairs and get a glimpse of Santa, but every time we poked our head around the corner we always came back disappointed as Santa hadn't showed up yet. You can't blame us for trying though, and we made sure that we left out some milk and cookies for him in case he got hungry.

It is one of my earliest Christmas memories, it was at a time when the scaryest thing in the whole wild world was that scary wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz. Funny thing though, she reminded me of Mrs Olsen, the Folgers lady. =)

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: