Links

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sometimes...

Sometimes you do things or things are said that may have a very big impact on your life, but you just don't realize it at the moment. Mine was realized with this old beat up key chain that you see. It was given to me roughly 20+ years ago by a very dear friend, and it was on my key ring up until the last years of my college career when the hole just basically wore out on this solid piece of brass. It was a sad day for me when I finally had to remove it from my key chain or risk having it falling off and losing it.

Recently that very dear friend and my lives have crossed again. I have usually been a very skeptical person, one not putting too much faith in predetermined destiny's or fate. With events over the past few weeks, I have to take a very serious look at my previous viewpoint on fate.

When Diane and I first started speaking, I immediately remembered this key chain. I searched my apartment frantically to find it, but to no avail. This morning I noticed something in my sock drawer that I hadn't seen in a few years and was actually looking to find, except not in my sock drawer.

Sometimes things happen for a reason and we may not know why at that time. Sometimes...

No comments: