Links

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Happy Fathers Day

Here Kiwi and I sit in the early morning, he's up bragging that he has convinced Chic-Fil-A in honor of Father's Day that all Fathers eat free at any participating Chic-Fil-A Restaurant. He's bragging that he made this corporation bow down to his aviary demands. 

Anyways I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the fathers in the world a very Happy Father's Day today. Father's Day much like Mother's Day, has it's origins right here in North Central West Virginia. It's first celebration was in Fairmont and this is where it really started. Now despite what Kiwi thinks he did, Chic-Fil-A is in fact closed today and all Sunday's, but don't let Kiwi know he thinks he did something. 

There was no grass cut yesterday, it really is not that high from us cutting it last week, so Michelle decided that I can cut it next week while she is back at her Mom's place cleaning it out. She did weed whack yesterday and we ran out of string, I have a  set of cartridges coming in from Amazon today where I can just pop them in and be done with them. I did go out Friday and buy a couple more batteries, that little 2.0 amp battery that came with the weed eater only lasts about 10 minutes or so and that's it. I bought another 2.0 and a 4.0 amp as part of a package. 

I had to go and buy a new glucometer yesterday, mine after about 20 years has had it, so I went to Sams Club and bought their brand for like less than $20 and each vial of 50 test strips (I bought 2) were like $9.00 each. I looked at the brand I had and they would have been $195.00 for 100 test strips. The choice was an easy one. 

Have yourselves a great day, make it memorable. 

No comments: