Links

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day

I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the fathers and daddy's out there a very Happy Father's Day. Father's Day is a holiday that despite what historians may tell you, has it's origins in North Central West Virginia, Fairmont Specifically. As it had the first observance of Father's Day.

Both my Father and my Grandfather were two men who had a very lasting impact on me and my life. I was very fortunate to have not one, but both of these men as a very big part of my life and influential in my lifes choices. 

So what is on my agenda for today, well it's going to start out with me going and doing our grocery shopping for the week this morning. Same things we do every Sunday Morning, but this one will be a little different as I'm off today. Yes I am taking the day off for a few reasons, one I don't want to interfere with other people celebrating Fathers Day and...

...I am going to my Brother in Law George's retirement picnic. Last Monday was his last day of working for the city and he has now entered the world of retirement. I have 5 Brother in Laws, three of the are now retired and two are younger than me. 
Looking to grab a few pics from today's festivities.

Today is also a new Federal Holiday called Juneteenth. I guess it was first celebrated last year and this is the second year for it. 

Have yourselves a great day. 

No comments: